The 2nd annual Diversity and Inclusion Conference was one of the most widely attended conferences in 2018. Back for a second year, we are delighted to announce a first look at the programme for 2019.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace is an important aspect of good people management – it’s about valuing everyone in the organisation as an individual. However, to reap the benefits of a diverse workforce it’s vital to have an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential.
While UK legislation – covering age, disability, race, religion, gender and sexual orientation among others – sets minimum standards, an effective diversity and inclusion strategy goes beyond legal compliance and seeks to add value to an organisation, contributing to employee well-being and engagement.
This conference will cover a wide range of topics including:
- How inclusion differs from diversity
- The business benefits of a diverse workforce
- What happens when diversity needs compete or even oppose each other?
- Current legal situations
- Tackling unconscious bias
- Inclusion in multi-national organisations
- How to create a culture of inclusiveness and promote diversity
- Reviewing the current progress of the Gender Pay Gap Reporting legislation
- And more!