Take a first look at the programme for the 2019 Diversity and Inclusion conference
The 2nd annual Diversity and Inclusion Conference was one of the most widely attended conferences in 2018. Back for a second year, we are delighted to announce a first look at the programme for 2019.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace is an important aspect of good people management – it’s about valuing everyone in the organisation as an individual. However, to reap the benefits of a diverse workforce it’s vital to have an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential.
While UK legislation – covering age, disability, race, religion, gender and sexual orientation among others – sets minimum standards, an effective diversity and inclusion strategy goes beyond legal compliance and seeks to add value to an organisation, contributing to employee well-being and engagement.
This conference will cover a wide range of topics including:
- How inclusion differs from diversity
- The business benefits of a diverse workforce
- What happens when diversity needs compete or even oppose each other?
- Current legal situations
- Tackling unconscious bias
- Inclusion in multi-national organisations
- How to create a culture of inclusiveness and promote diversity
- Reviewing the current progress of the Gender Pay Gap Reporting legislation
- And more!