- This event has passed.
Social Media and Recruitment
Thursday, 17 March 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399
|A practical guide to social media tools to aid recruitment.
The internet and social media have transformed recruitment.When you know how, you can gain fast and direct access to people like never before. Job seekers can now access you directly and form opinions, good or bad, about your company by how you appear and interact online.
This seminar will give you the skills to increase your direct sourcing. You will learn how to find, contact and recruit from a wide range of social networks, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more. You will learn how to present yourself and your company online to attract talent and how to use your employees, followers and fans to increase referrals.
- 17 March 2016 – Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
- 11 July 2016 – Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
By the end of the course you will:
- Have proven techniques for finding, contacting and recruiting people from a wide range of social networks
- Understand Boolean and X-Ray for targeted searching
- Know which social networks are right for your company’s needs
- Be able to present yourself and your company online to engage and attract passive candidates
- Have a range of tools to use to increase referrals without turning off fans or followers
- HR practitioner, with responsibility for recruitment
- HR team member, concerned with how actions on social channels impact your employer brand
- Recruitment agenc consultant or RPO provider
|09:00-09:30||Registration and refreshments|
|09:30-10:30||Welcome, introductions and objectives for the day|
· Attracting talent with a great LinkedIn profile and company page
· Cost-effectively finding your staff using targeted Boolean search
· Using Google to improve LinkedIn search results
· Reaching candidates outside of your LinkedIn network and creating free talent pools
· Using Groups for effective recruitment
|12:30-13:15||Lunch and networking|
· How to use Facebook Graph search to locate and contact candidates
· Recruiting talent with your Facebook page
· Using Facebook applications to spread the word and monitor your reputation
· Using PPC advertising to create highly-targeted recruitment campaigns
· Getting started, increasing followers, and understanding the etiquette & lingo
· Searching for and recruiting people on Twitter
· Using handy Twitter tools and apps to save time
· Promoting jobs & employer brand without losing followers
· How to find candidates on YouTube, Xing, Viadeo, Pinterest and more
· Bonus tips & tricks for finding people online
|15:45-16:00||Conclusions and action planning|
Social Recruitment Consultant
Katrina has been an independent voice on social recruiting since 2009, and is a consultant, speaker, trainer and writer on the use of social media for recruitment using knowledge gained in over a decade of recruitment and over eight years of social recruiting experience. She also delivers our highly popular Symposium training workshop on social media for recruiters.
Katrina has been recognised as a thought leader by social recruiting solution Work4; named as one of the top fifteen recruitment experts to follow on twitter by Bond US; and her opinion is quoted in HRreview, SHRM, The Staffing Stream, and Cambridge University’s Strategies for Success. She writes avidly for her own blog and many publications, including leading recruitment blogs The Muse and Blogging4Jobs, as well as Symposium’s website and our own HR Update. Katrina is also a regular HR and recruitment conference speaker, recently in New York for TMA and at the CIPD’s social HR event.
What are people saying?
- ”Learnt a lot of things I didn’t know existed!” HR Advisor, Intercontinental Group
- ”Loved the programme. One of the best I’ve been on! Loved the trainer.” HR Advisor, GKN
- ”Great presenting style, very engaging.” HR Advisor, Saga
- ”Fun and informative session.” Recruitment Specialist, Alliance Healthcare
17 March 2016 Single Delegate£399Book Now! Secure your place today.17 March 2016 Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cart11 July 2016Single delegate£349EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – book before 19 April 2016 and save £5011 July 2016 Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cartIn-House TrainingCall for a quote020 7231 5100If you have 5+ attendees, why not consider holding this event in house?Save money on larger groups Hold the event at a time and place to suit you Content can be tailored for your needs Bring your team together!Find out more
- Symposium Events
- 020 7231 5100
- Find a hotel near the venue
- Hide Meta Box
- hide venue, hide ticket