Rethinking Diversity and Inclusion for 2021
24 June @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Diversity and Inclusion for HR Professionals
17 March 2021
Webinar Runs: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
About this event
The events of 2020 prompted employers to examine their own people policies and practices and for many has pushed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion to the top of their agenda.
The business benefits of a more diverse workforce and inclusive workplace is well established and the added value in terms of employee retention, engagement, wellbeing and attracting top talent.
With Diversity and Inclusion being a top consideration for job seekers today, it’s becoming increasingly important to get this right to become an Employer of Choice.
If you’re just starting out or already making progress to advance your organisation’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) agenda, this one day course will provide you with the knowledge, tools and practical strategies for moving the dial on D&I in your workplace including how to manage remote teams inclusively and ensure ED&I remain a top priority during these challenging times.
Welcome, introductions and learning objectives
- Understanding differences: Why Equality, Diversity and Inclusion matter
- Business Case
- Legal Context
Introduction to unconscious bias in the workplace
- Types of bias: group discussion
- Unconscious bias in action: case study
- Tips and hints
Inclusive Workplaces: key features and group discussion
- Building inclusion into people policies and practices
- Understanding Diversity Data
- Inclusive recruitment and selection: we’re hiring!
- Top tips
Circle of Trust: activity
- What makes an Inclusive Team? group discussion
- Top tips
- Action planning
Three key things you will learn on this course…
Victoria is a highly accomplished diversity and inclusion consultant and Trainer with extensive experience working with clients in the public, private and voluntary sector. She is a strong advocate of an evidence-based approach.
With her background in local government and regional economic development, Victoria has gained a lot of knowledge about the challenges facing employers and businesses across a range of industries from small businesses to large companies and government organisations. She understands the challenges around recruitment, compliance and creating an inclusive working culture.
Victoria has supported clients on strategic and operational programmes and projects including:
- Co-producing the Mayor of London’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategy Evidence Base;
- Designing and implementing robust Equality and Diversity Strategies and Delivery Plans;
- Carrying out an Equality Impact Assessment on a major train station programme as part of the Trans Pennine Route upgrade;
- Designing and delivering bespoke training and advising on practical measures around recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, unconscious bias and general diversity and inclusion courses.
Her approach is described as interactive, supportive, practical and fun. She involves participants in challenging and exciting activities which inspire and empowers people to identify very practical ways to apply what they have learned when back at work.
Previous clients include Greater London Authority, Network Rail, Financial Conduct Authority, Big Lottery Fund, University of Edinburgh, University of Brighton, PPIY Architects, Portsmouth City Council and St.Christopher’s Hospice in London. Key areas of expertise are: Training and Facilitation, Research, Audit and Evaluation.
If you are experiencing issues while booking via a mobile device – please try again using a PC browser.
- Enter the number of ‘tickets’ you need opposite.
- Complete the delegate detail fields that appear.
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ and, in the new screen, add discount coupon codes if you have any.
- Go to the checkout to pay or arrange for an invoice.
This is an online event. Documentation and joining instructions will be emailed to you a few days before the event.