- This event has passed.
Performance Management for the Changeable Workforce
11 February @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
The training will provide insight into new approaches to performance management, dealing with challenges performance management may bring and moving beyond best practise to discover what is best for your organisation.
Topical elements will be addressed: for example helping managers review, measure and improve the performance of their teams remotely, and performing reviews using a virtual platform.
The training day will still start at 9.30 am with an initial welcome and to ensure any technology issues are resolved. The actual training will then start at 10.00 am, and will now be delivered in one-hour bites, finishing at 4.30 pm.
Who should attend?
- Chief human resource officers
- HR directors
- Heads of performance, organisation or reward departments
- HR business partners and professionals
- Business leaders, with responsibility for the effectiveness of your own organisation
Seven key things you will learn on this course…
She lectures up to CIPD L7 as well as holding Fellowship CIPD status. She also works with the CMI delivering L5 programmes. She has held the post as Head of HR and Organisational development at Blackburn Rovers Football Club.
Her projects often involve helping companies innovate their HR approaches responding to changes in the world of work and also to tie more closely to their own strategic needs.
Sarah has worked with individuals and companies in the UK and Europe, the USA, the Middle East and South Africa.
Recent projects have included developing a 5-week programme for a University to modernise and execute their new style of performance review, advising a private organisation on how to effectively implement apprenticeships into their business, developing the coaching skills of HR professionals who needed to critique the performance of the leadership team and supporting a global manufacturer with their outplacement programme.
Other activities include providing in-house and open training programmes. Her Symposium courses have included strategic HR; digital HR, HR business partnering; people planning, measurement, analytics and reporting; HR and innovation; HR and social media; organisation design and development; process design; employee experience, change management, and specific courses on recruitment, learning, performance management and reward.
Session 1: 10.00-11.00
An insight into the reengineering of performance management
- Why is traditional performance management a thing of the past?
- Responding to changes in the world of work – new technology, the changing workplace and the impact of COVID-19
- Developing an understanding of the challenges faced and the changes which will benefit individual organisations
Session 2: 11.15-12.15
How to ensure performance management is effective
- Understanding and dealing with complications faced in identifying and implementing performance management
- Dealing with the difficulties in performance management dynamics – linking employee performance to business performance, cascading objectives, calibrating performance etc.
- How to align reward, development, poor performance and other processes
Session 3: 13.00-14.00
Removing the old processes of performance management
- How to ensure people self-manage their performance and developing a performance culture
- Case studies and research on organisations that have abolished performance management
Session 4: 14.15-15.15
Examples and case studies
- How to expand and develop traditional performance management to identify a best fit approach for a particular organisation
- Employee expectations of performance management and how to engage these alongside organisational principles and objectives
- Using the capability of line managers, technology and the new workplace to provide an optimal environment to engage with employees
Session 5: 15.30-16.30
How to implement changes within performance management
- Reviewing the challenges and changes for individual organisations using a variety of approaches for moving forward
- Ensuring all employee requirements are met and how to tailor performance management to reflect the diversity of a workforce
- How to approach the change process for individual organisations, and developing the required competencies identified earlier in the course
Conclusions and Action Planning
- Enter the number of ‘tickets’ you need opposite.
- Complete the delegate detail fields that appear.
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ and, in the new screen, add discount coupon codes if you have any.
- Go to the checkout to pay or arrange for an invoice.
Documentation and joining instructions will be emailed to you a few days before the event.