- This event has passed.
Moving from Recruitment to Strategic Talent Acquisition
Monday, 23 February 2015 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Moving from Recruitment to Strategic Talent Acquisition
February 23 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Venue: CCT Barbican, London
Recruitment is going through a major shift at the moment, responding to the already somewhat more positive economic environment and the renewed focus on the war for talent given rising skills shortages, as well as changing candidate expectations. Smart organisations are also taking advantage of new opportunities and meeting new requirements for looking for the best candidates using increasingly diverse sources and by using a range of different approaches.
This seminar will review the major inputs to the shift in recruitment, using research, case examples, and the trainer’s and participants’ own experiences. In addition, the course will consider the impacts of the shift on participants’ recruitment activities, recruiter capabilities and their recruitment functions.
[time-restrict on=”02-11-2014″ off=”19-11-2014″]
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE £50!
Take advantage of our training early bird discounts.
Book this event up to twelve weeks before hand and save £50.
Hurry! Offer expires 1 Dec 2014
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand how recruitment can be designed as a strategic approach to talent acquisition
- Have reviewed the technologies available to support recruitment activities and how these can be built into recruitment processes
- Be able to identify the best measures, benchmarks and analytics to help monitor the implementation of recruitment activities
- Understand the likely progression of the recruiting function
- Be able to plan for and navigate through the changing nature of recruitment, selecting the best approaches
Learn more about how you can develop your own strategic talent acquisition programme, from course tutor Jon Ingham
- VPs, Directors and managers of talent management, staffing, resourcing, recruitment and talent acquisition
- HR staff concerned with employer branding or how they can best integrate with Recruitment
- Staff from recruitment agencies and RPO providers
Here is just some of the feedback left by previous attendees:
“Enjoyed the collaboration style of the day where people could add to the conversation at any time.” – Talent Manager, Brambles
- “Interesting and opened up new ideas for me and my business.” – Head of Resourcing and Development, BSI
- “Great day, really interesting content. Lots to take back to the team!” – Resource Consultant, Bupa
- “Great environment to gain the update on what is possible – good for lots of ideas – thank you.” – HR Manager, ACO Technologies plc
- “Exactly what I’d hoped for.” – Group Resourcing and Development Manager, Imperial Tobacco
- “Excellent and inspiring.” – HR Advisor, GL Garrad Hassan
- “Lots to take in and understand what will be relevant to put in place in our organisation. Jon is extremely knowledgeable and interesting – excellent training at the right level.” – Recruitment Consultant, NSPCC
- “Really enjoyable and interesting.” – HRBP, Kwik Fit
- “Good course, a lot of good information and ideas; was helpful to consolidate ideas or help think in a different way!” – UK Resourcing Manager, Arla Foods UK
- “Really liked Jon’s approach and style and experiences. Good networking opportunity.” – HR Manager, Bromford Housing Group Ltd
|9:30||Registration and Coffee|
|10:00||Welcome, Introductions and Objectives for the day|
|10:15|| Strategic Recruitment
|11:30|| Technology in Recruitment
|12:45||Lunch and Discussion|
|13:45|| Delivering on the Deal
|14:45|| The Future of the Recruiting Function
|15:45||Conclusions and Action Planning|
HR Strategy Consultant
Jon is a leading specialist in strategic people management and organizational development issues. He regularly speaks and provides training in Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia and has also lectured on strategic management, change management and human resources on executive MBA courses across Europe.
He is the author of Strategic HCM: Creating value through people (2006) and is currently completing a second book called Social advantage. He also posts regularly to blogs with these same titles and has recently been recognized as the top global online influencer in talent management.
Before working with Symposium, Jon served as Director of Human Capital Consulting, Europe for Buck Consultants / ACS, as Head of HR Consulting for Penna and as International HR Director for Ernst & Young after working as an IT and change management consultant for Andersen Consulting. Jon delivers a number of Symposium training workshops on HR issues such as business partnering, workforce planning, business and HR process design, organizational design and development and HR innovation.
Jon has a BA in Psychology, a Masters in Engineering and an MBA. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Generally coffee and light refreshments are available on arrival and at tea and coffee breaks throughout the day. The times of these are made clear in the event programme.
Lunch is served on full day events. We arrange a buffet with a selection of options to accommodate different dietary requirements, but if you have specific needs please feel free add this on the ‘additional information’ section of the online booking for or to email us. Contact us here.
If you have been sent a discount or special offer ‘coupon code’ this can be entered in the shopping cart while booking and your discount will be applied to your purchase.
Don’t worry. You don’t need the ‘ticket’, it’s just produced by the booking software to confirm the order.
If you added delegate details on the booking form when you completed your order or told us by phone or email the names of the attendees, these people will be registered and do not need to bring the ‘ticket’.
Payment can be made by credit card when you book, or you can specify cheque, bank transfer or invoice etc. once you complete the registration form.
An invoice or receipt is automatically sent once booking is completed online.
For cheque and BACS payments, our account details can be downloaded here.
Credit card details can be taken by telephone, please call our account department on +44 (0)20 7231 5100. We do not store any credit card details used for payment.
Online credit card payments are transacted via Paypal – you do not need a Paypal account to use this facility.
You can book online
Simply scroll down the page to the “Tickets” section. Select the number of places you wish to book and then click “Add to Cart”. You will then be taken to the shopping cart where you can confirm your purchase details, enter any discount or special offer coupon codes you may have, and arrange payment.
You can book by telephone
Simply call us on 020 7231 5100.
Changes are sometimes needed due to circumstances beyond our control such as trainers being ill, poor weather and so on. In the very rare circumstances that we need to change the date for an event we will automatically offer you a place on the next available event date. If this is not suitable for you we will refund your booking fee.
We cannot accept liability for travel and accommodation costs and strongly advise you not to book cheap ‘non-refundable / no change’ tickets and to check your insurance covers travel and accommodation in these circumstances.
Yes! Some of our events are actually held at hotels, but not all of them, so we have put together a page to help you find a suitable hotel near all of our main venues.
Please see our full terms and conditions here .
- Cancellations can be made up to one month before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a cancellation charge of £100 + VAT.
- Cancellations at less than one month from the event date are be subject to full payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any date and are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation.
- If you want to change to another course date, or different event, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. Any changes are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.