Immigration for Recruiters: Right to Work in the UK
Thursday, 13 July 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Recruiting from overseas can solve many problems for organisations – but also create new ones. Obtaining work permits for your employees; checking they have a legal right to work; dealing with changing regulations. How to stay up-to-date?
This workshop is designed to give you essential, up-to-date information about the current workings of the immigration rules and will help you keep your company compliant.
You will understand the raft of immigration rules; verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status; review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law. In addition, you will learn what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications, ensuring that all your current employees are working legally.
This workshop will cover:
- Operation of Immigration Control
- Who can work in the UK?
- EU and Non EU work schemes
- Points Based System – PBS
- Checking documents
Who’s it for?
- Any recruiter, HR professional or business owner who employs non UK nationals
- HR or recruitment professional responsible for hiring overseas nationals
Five key things you will learn on this course:
Suitable for any recruiter, HR professional or business owner who employs non UK nationals, the workshop aims to help you:
- Understand the raft of new immigration rules
- Verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status
- Review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law
- To understand what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications
- Ensure all your current employees are working legally
|09:00||Coffee and registration|
|09:30||How Immigration Control Operates in the UK|
Fundamentals of Organisation Transformation
Legislative framework – Current legislation, rules and procedures, including Points Based System and other Immigration categories allowing work in the UK.This session is split into three as follows:
|11:30||Fundamentals of Organisation Transformation|
|12:45||Lunch and Discussion|
|13:30||Compliance – UKBA expectations for record keeping|
|14:00||Document checking – Allowable documents and good practice|
|15:00||Document checking practical – How to spot fake documentation|
|16:00||Conclusions and Action Planning|
|16:00||Close of course|
Trainer: Ian Westwood
Ian’s experience in UK immigration stretches over twenty years, with more than ten of those spent on the frontline as an immigration officer, and then chief immigration officer, for the Home Office as well as time spent as part of the forgery team at Gatwick airport. He now works with commercial, not-for-profit, financial and higher education institutions seeking his particular expertise in global recruitment compliance and identity fraud.
Ian can offer expert consultancy on immigration and recruitment strategy, including compliance and maintenance requirements and applications within and outside the points-based system. He provides recruitment training, compliance audit checks and speaks about current UK immigration issues. He can work with senior management and the key recruiters within your organization to safeguard your procedures and help you avoid the cost, and embarrassment, of civil penalties.
As well as being the current secretary and former chairman of the Association of Regulated Immigration Advisors (ARIA), Ian holds the highest level of regulation with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). He is also a member of the Immigration Lawyers Practitioners Association (ILPA) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Book here – secure your tickets today!
- Enter the number of tickets* you need below.
- Complete the delegate detail fields that appear.
- Click ‘Add to Cart’ and in the new screen add discount coupon codes if you have any.
- Go to the checkout to pay or arrange for an invoice.
5 people are attending Immigration for Recruiters: Right to Work in the UK