Immigration for Recruiters: Right to Work in the UK
Tuesday, 23 February 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:15 pm£399.00
Recruiting from overseas can solve many problems for organisations – but also create new ones. Obtaining work permits for your employees; checking they have a legal right to work; dealing with changing regulations. How to stay up-to-date?
This workshop is designed to give you essential, up-to-date information about the current workings of the immigration rules and will help you keep your company compliant.
You will understand the raft of immigration rules, verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status, review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law. In addition you will learn what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications, ensuring that all your current employees are working legally.
This workshop will cover:
- Operation of Immigration Control
- Who can work in the UK?
- EU and Non EU work schemes
- Points Based System – PBS
- Checking documents
- 23 February 2016 – Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
- 12 July 2016 – Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
Suitable for any recruiter, HR professional or business owner who employs non UK nationals, the workshop aims to help you:
- Understand the raft of new immigration rules
- Verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status
- Review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law
- To understand what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications
- Ensure all your current employees are working legally
- HR or recruitment professional responsible for hiring overseas nationals
|9:00||Registration and Coffee|
How Immigration Control Operates in the UK
Fundamentals of Organisation Transformation
Legislative framework – Current legislation, rules and procedures, including Points Based System and other Immigration categories allowing work in the UK.This session is split into three as follows:
Legislative Framework Continued
|12:45||Lunch and Discussion|
Compliance – UKBA expectations for record keeping
Document checking – Allowable documents and good practice
Document checking practical – How to spot fake documentation
|16:00||Conclusions and Action Planning|
|16:15||Close of course|
International Recruitment Consultant
Ian’s experience in UK immigration stretches over twenty years, with more than ten of those spent on the frontline as an immigration officer, and then chief immigration officer, for the Home Office as well as time spent as part of the forgery team at Gatwick airport. He now works with commercial, not-for-profit, financial and higher education institutions seeking his particular expertise in global recruitment compliance and identity fraud.
Ian can offer expert consultancy on immigration and recruitment strategy, including compliance and maintenance requirements and applications within and outside the points-based system. He provides recruitment training, compliance audit checks and speaks about current UK immigration issues. He can work with senior management and the key recruiters within your organization to safeguard your procedures and help you avoid the cost, and embarrassment, of civil penalties.
As well as being the current secretary and former chairman of the Association of Regulated Immigration Advisors (ARIA), Ian holds the highest level of regulation with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). He is also a member of the Immigration Lawyers Practitioners Association (ILPA) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
What are people saying?
- ”Really well delivered. Clear, confident and interesting. Will be so useful.” Recruitment Officer, Police Federation of England & Wales
- ”Excellent one day programme. Very useful” Recruitment Consultant, Penspen Ltd
- ”Training delivery style was excellent. Answered all questions I had and more. Would DEFINITELY recommend.” Personnel Administrator, Brewers
- ”Forged documents section was very interesting. Knowledgeable trainer.” Senior HR Associate, Skanska UK
- ”Great course, very useful and enlightening.” International Mobility & Resourcing, Orange UK
- ”Very informative – examples helped.” Exec Assistant, Nikon Metrology UK Ltd
23 February 2016Single Delegate£399.00Book Now! Secure your place today.23 February 2016 Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cart12 July 2016Single delegate£349.00EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – Book by 19 April 2016 and save £5012 July 2016 Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cartIn-House TrainingCall for a quote020 7231 5100If you have 5+ attendees, why not consider holding this event in house?Save money on larger groups Hold the event at a time and place to suit you Content can be tailored for your needs Bring your team together!Find out more