- This event has passed.
Getting to Grips with HR Business Partnering
Wednesday, 3 February 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399
Nearly fifteen years on from Dave Ulrich’s “HR Champions”, business partnering is still the aspect of HR transformation which organisations find most difficult to implement. In many cases, the intended behaviours and impacts of this role never materialise. But there are organisations which are implementing business partnering well – it can be done.
Attend this seminar to catch-up with the latest thinking on HR business partnering and to fully understand what the role can look like; the skills and behaviours involved; and how existing HR generalists can be transformed into effective business partners.
With the support of the trainer and other attendees, reflect on how the role can be tailored to, and then developed in, your own organisation
Also review how you can build the credibility of your HR function to lead the creation or renewal of embedded HR teams.
Through leveraging these opportunities, HR can substantially increase its credibility and contribution, and the impact it has on the organisations it works within.
Trainer, Jon Ingham, introduces this course.
3 February 2016 – Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the role(s) of the HR business partner and the benefits this role can provide
- Be able to tailor and implement / improve this role within your own organisation
- Be able to describe the consulting skills required by a HR business partner
- Have developed an action plan to build credibility and transform the business partner role in your organisation
- Ensure that the list of essential or desired competencies do not lead to unlawful discrimination against potential employees
- HR director, business partner or consultant
- Head of business partner team or responsible for setting these teams up
- HR generalist, transitioning into a business partner role
|9:30||Registration and Coffee|
|10:00||Welcome, Introductions and Objectives for the day|
The Latest Thinking and Experience in Business Partnering
Making a Difference to Business Performance
|12:45||Lunch and Discussion|
The Partnering Relationship
|15:45||Conclusions and Action Planning|
HR Strategy Consultant
Jon is a strategic people management and organizational development consultant. He regularly speaks and provides training in Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia and has also lectured on strategic management, change management and human resources on executive MBA courses across Europe. He is the author of Strategic HCM: Creating value through people (2006) and is currently completing a second book called Social advantage. He also posts regularly to blogs with these same titles and has recently been recognized as the top global online influencer in talent management.
Before working with Symposium, Jon served as Director of Human Capital Consulting, Europe for Buck Consultants / ACS, as Head of HR Consulting for Penna and as International HR Director for Ernst & Young after working as an IT and change management consultant for Andersen Consulting. Jon delivers a number of Symposium training workshops on HR issues such as business partnering, workforce planning, business and HR process design, organizational design and development and HR innovation.
Jon has a BA in Psychology, a Masters in Engineering and an MBA. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
What are people saying?
Here is just some of the feedback left by previous attendees:
- “Engaging, informative, ‘up to date’ view points. Food for thought and hopefully results.” HRBP, Findel Education Ltd
- “Good foundation, information for HR business partnering. Gave good ideas and insight into improving our model and thoughts. Very enjoyable.” HR Director, Findel Education Ltd
- “I enjoyed the course as it touched on many elements to make business partners a success. Good share of experiences.” HRBP, Town and County Housing Group
- “Inspirational!” HR Manager, Centrica Storage Ltd
- “Flexible agenda – fitted to what we wanted to learn. Loved the enthusiasm and very engaging. One of the most enjoyable sessions I’ve been on in a long time – very useful and easy to adapt into everyday life – good mix of theory and practical skills.” HR Officer, Genting UK plc
- “Good use of case studies, real experience is so valuable. Good group involvement. Such a relief to hear new thinking and a view on what’s next.” HRBP, Nationwide
- “The training has allowed me to reflect on my role and has given me the confidence to develop my role.” HRBP, Mencap
- “Valuable session – have learnt a lot that I can transfer back into my role.” HR Consultant, Car Care Plan Ltd
- “Good breadth of research provided and a strong mix of personal experience.” HR Manager, First Data Corporation
3 February 2016Single Delegate£399Book Now!3 February 2016 Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cartIn-House TrainingCall for a quote020 7231 5100If you have 5+ attendees, why not consider holding this event in house?Save money on larger groups Hold the event at a time and place to suit you Content can be tailored for your needs Bring your team together!Find out more21 June 2016Single Delegate£349.00Book Now and save £50.00 on Early Bird Discount – offer ends 29.03.201621 June 2016 Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London Single place at this event Add extra places in the next screenAdd to cart