- This event has passed.
Getting to Grips with HR Business Partnering
Thursday, 28 June 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
This event is now complete
THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - click here for the next training event
Nearly twenty years on from Dave Ulrich’s "HR Champions", business partnering is still the aspect of HR transformation which organisations find most difficult to implement. In many cases, the intended behaviours and impacts of this role never materialise. But there are organisations which are implementing business partnering well – it can be done.
Attend this seminar to catch-up with the latest thinking on HR business partnering and to fully understand what the role can look like; the skills and behaviours involved; and how existing HR generalists can be transformed into effective business partners.
With the support of the trainer and other attendees, reflect on how the role can be tailored to, and then developed in, your own organisation
Also review how you can build the credibility of your HR function to lead the creation or renewal of embedded HR teams.
Through leveraging these opportunities, HR can substantially increase its credibility and contribution, and the impact it has on the organisations it works within.
Who should attend?
- HR director, business partner or consultant
- Head of business partner team or responsible for setting these teams up
- HR generalist, transitioning into a business partner role
Trainer, Jon Ingham, introduces this course.
Five key things you will learn on this course:
- HR as a Business Partner - the Approach, the Role and the Job
- Understanding what business partnering means, can mean in different companies, and should mean in your organisation
- How the role has been developing – latest research and experiences - and how it is expected to develop for digital business and the future of work
- Remaining issues and potential solutions to make business partnering a success
- A day in the life of a fully fledged business partner
- Managing the balance between ongoing business support and strategic development
- Increasing diversity of approaches in developing a business partnering team
- Organising HR for Business Partnering (not just about the HR structure)
- Other opportunities to improve HR effectiveness
- Developing more strategic approaches and processes to better support and lead the business
- HR business partnering skills and capabilities required to deliver business impacts and to manage HR itself
- HR consulting skills and the partnering cycle
- The importance of great relationships within HR, between HR and the rest of the business - including other back office disciplines, and within client groups
- The opportunities for HR business partners to develop direct relationships with customers
- Developing Effective Business Partnering Relationships
- The art and science of effective relationships with business leaders and line managers
- Relationship management skills, tools and techniques
- Theory and practical approaches to improve emotional and social intelligence
- The importance of calibrating the way we read other people
- Dealing with difficult clients and improving the relationship before trying to talk about HR
- Making it Happen: Delivering Value to the Business
- A review of the opportunities to impact business performance (participating in the business, meeting business needs, providing great HR interventions, creating value through people)
- Key success factors for HR organisations and individual HRBPs to change the value they provide
- Understanding your business and adapting behaviours and interventions to the type of business you are in
- Developing the role and capabilities of line managers
- Changing HR’s role and how to communicate the change
- Overcoming inertia to develop credibility and make a real difference
Conclusion and Action Planning
This training day will run from 10:00 – 16:00 *There are three breaks scheduled during today’s course: 11:30am (ca 15min), 1pm (ca 45min) and at 3pm (ca 15min)
Trainer: Jon Ingham
Jon Ingham is an independent strategic people management and organisation development consultant. His projects often involve helping companies innovate their HR approaches responding to changes in the world of work and also to tie more closely to their own strategic needs. His work is informed by a strong belief in the potential offered from a smarter investment in people and the consequent opportunity to create new value for a business.
He has worked with companies in UK and Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, Asia and Australia. Recent clients have included a financial services firm where HR had to sign up to providing half of the firm’s planned financial growth. Also, acting in an interim head of organisation development capacity for a leading retailer, planning for the introduction of a new digital business strategy.
Other activities include providing in-house and open training programmes. His Symposium courses have included strategic HR; digital HR, HR business partnering; people planning, measurement, analytics and reporting; HR and innovation; HR and social media; organisation design and development; process design; employee experience, change management, and specific courses on recruitment, learning, performance management and reward.
Jon has BA in Psychology, a Masters in Engineering and an MBA. He has frequently been recognised a leading influencer in HR, and he was listed as the 7th most influential UK HR Thinker in 2013. HR Examiner includes him in its list of the top 100 global HR influencers and states “Ingham is still early in his career. It’s not outrageous to imagine him as the next Ulrich.”
Book here - secure your tickets today!
- Enter the number of tickets you need below.
- Complete the delegate detail fields that appear.
- Click 'Add to Cart' and in the new screen add discount coupon codes if you have any.
- Go to the checkout to pay or arrange for an invoice.