- This event has passed.
Emotional Intelligence: Self-Awareness At Work
Thursday, 7 April 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Do your working relationships always run smooth? Or do you find yourself embroiled in arguments, office politics or unproductive dynamics?
If so, improving your level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence is absolutely vital.
This one day course is designed for HR professionals who want to improve how they, managers and staff interact and engage with others in the workplace. The course will help you:
- Improve your listening skills
- Develop a greater level of self-awareness
- Learn how to handle colleagues and customers with greater confidence, assertiveness and empathy
Forthcoming Event Dates
7 April 2016 - Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
Four key things you will learn on this course:
Who should attend?
- HR professionals responsible for developing managerial and communication skills in their organisations
- Managers or staff who want to improve their emotional intelligence
|9:30||Registration and Coffee|
|10:00||Welcome, introductions and objectives for the day|
|Session 2||Self-Awareness: Identyfying Beliefs
|Session 3||Getting Clear: Questioning Beliefs
|Session 4||Handling Conflict with Confidence
|Session 5||Giving and Receiving Better Feedback
|Session 6||Taking it back to work
|4.00||Close of course|
|Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day|
Duncan Lewin is an ex-Deloitte consultant specialised in helping people improve their skills in giving and receiving feedback, managing conflict more productively and handling difficult conversations.
A former ‘feedback-phobic’, Duncan was terrible at handling feedback and criticism. Like many, he had two ways of responding: aggressive and argumentative, or passive and resentful. Neither worked, and both left him stressed.
Eventually the stress got too much and he began a deep, personal journey in finding a new way of relating to feedback and conflicting opinions.
The results have been startling:
- Duncan now actively seeks feedback;
- feels comfortable with conflict;
- and has learnt how to handle even the most difficult conversations with (he hopes!) assertiveness and grace.
He works with a range of clients including BT, Accenture, Exxon Mobil and Canary Wharf Group.
0 people are attending Emotional Intelligence: Self-Awareness At Work