It seems this is a case of the chicken and the egg and that it can work both ways. A win-win situation for us and for our company therefore. But our days at work are not always all sunshine and roses… so how do we get into the happy virtuous circle?
Here are a few tips to get you started on the “happy at work” road.
- Reconnect with what made you chose that work in the first place. What is it that makes you tick there? How does it reflect your values? What is really important for you in it? Even if it is only in some small facets of your work that you find what you need, it is important to recognise it and remember it.
- At the end of every day, find three things that have made you smile, have brought you joy or have been just plain nice: a kind gesture from a colleague, a thank you note from a client or just a ray of sunshine on your desk!
- Connect with your colleagues: it is not just about work work work! Have a laugh, a chat and a cup of tea with someone at work and learn to know them as a person. And why not bring chocolates to the accounting team who helped you when you were in a pickle that past week?
- In case of a hiccup, do not waste time lying blame, look for solutions and involve all parties concerned. Do not look back, move forward.
- Slow down, do things one step at a time, mindfully. You will make fewer mistakes and enjoy the process more. Focus on what you do well, do it even better and enjoy every minute of it!
- Look for your next challenge. If you feel a bit bored with routine, where could you stretch your abilities, learn something new, bring something more to the table?
So, where are you going to start?
- Using technology at work - 13 June 2016
- Connecting to your inner productivity - 31 May 2016
- The one-minute break secret - 19 January 2016
- Burnout or not burnout, that is the question! - 17 November 2015
- Not stressed enough? - 13 October 2015
- Taking performance to the next level - 30 June 2015
- Presenteeism: the virtually absent worker - 10 June 2015
- Work-minded or mindfully aware? - 11 May 2015
- How to use technology and not let it use your employees - 28 April 2015
- A mindful day at work: what does it really mean? - 8 April 2015