Go to business school and you’ll be taught HR and marketing in entirely different modules. Marketing’s the teenager with the cool t-shirt and buzzwords, while HR’s the older cousin – patient, more refined, and caring. One makes sales, the other makes careers.
Not so, according to Tim Pointer, who will bring the two together at our Employee Engagement Summit on May 14 in London.
At the Employee Engagement Summit, Tim will speak about:
- Applying a consumer methodology to employees: research, segmentation, implementation & analysis
- Building an emotional connection to your organisation’s brand
- Making commercial decisions on where to invest your employee engagement budget
- Quantifying the business analytics of engagement.
Tim is HR Director of Pentland Brands, leading their global people strategy across a portfolio of lifestyle and performance brands (including Canterbury, Speedo, Berghaus, Mitre, ellesse, Lacoste & Ted Baker). The work he has led has been recognised by a number of awards, including:
- CIPD 2014: Overall Winners
- CIPD 2014: Employee Engagement Award
- Great Place to Work 2014 (Large Employers): UK Top 10 & Europe Top 20
- Employee Benefits Awards 2014.
Tim has 20 years of HR experience, leading business transformation (double-digit growth, mergers, acquisitions & IPO) in global organisations across premium & lifestyle brands, FMCG and retail. He lived and worked in Asia-Pacific for five years, leading generalist HR within spirits & wines portfolio Maxxium. On returning to the UK, Tim joined Diesel as UK & Eire HR Director, prior to moving to Pentland. He has also worked for Waterstone’s, and began his career as a Grad with M&S. Tim has an MA from Lancaster University, is studying for an MSc at Ashridge, and is a Fellow of the CIPD. He is a failed actor, occasional goalkeeper, learner guitarist and father of three.
Tim will join a whole panel of HR experts at the Employee Engagement Summit.
A 30 percent discount on the full ticket price is available until January 30 with the code HR17630.