- This event has passed.
Immigration for Recruiters: Right to Work in the UK
Tuesday, 14 April 2015 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Immigration for Recruiters: Right to Work in the UK
14 April 2015 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, London
Recruiting from overseas can solve many problems for organisations – but also create new ones. Obtaining work permits for your employees; checking they have a legal right to work; dealing with changing regulations. How to stay up-to-date?
This workshop is designed to give you essential, up-to-date information about the current workings of the immigration rules and will help you keep your company compliant.
You will understand the raft of immigration rules, verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status, review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law. In addition you will learn what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications, ensuring that all your current employees are working legally.
This workshop will cover:
- Operation of Immigration Control
- Who can work in the UK?
- EU and Non EU work schemes
- Points Based System – PBS
- Checking documents
If you employ non-UK nationals, this is the ‘must attend’ seminar for you, led by former immigration officer with first hand experience in managing work permits and immigration applications.
[time-restrict on=”21-02-2015″ off=”24-02-2015″]
Plan ahead to catch the early bird discount of £50!
Book this event up to twelve weeks before hand and save £50.
Hurry! Offer expires 23 April 2015
Suitable for any recruiter, HR professional or business owner who employs non UK nationals, the workshop aims to help you:
- Understand the raft of new immigration rules
- Verify a non-UK candidate’s immigration status
- Review your policies and procedures to ensure your organisation is working within the law
- To understand what to look for when checking identity documents and qualifications to avoid fraudulent applications
- Ensure all your current employees are working legally
- HR or recruitment professional responsible for hiring overseas nationals
- ”Really well delivered. Clear, confident and interesting. Will be so useful.” – Recruitment Officer, Police Federation of England & Wales.
- ”Excellent one day programme. Very useful” – Recruitment Consultant, Penspen Ltd
- ”Training delivery style was excellent. Answered all questions I had and more. Would DEFINITELY recommend.” – Personnel Administrator, Brewers
- ”Forged documents section was very interesting. Knowledgeable trainer.” – Senior HR Associate, Skanska UK
- ”Great course, very useful and enlightening.” – International Mobility & Resourcing, Orange UK
- ”Very informative-examples helped.” – Exec Assistant, Nikon Metrology UK Ltd
|9:30||Registration and Coffee|
How Immigration Control Operates in the UK
Fundamentals of Organisation Transformation
Legislative framework – Current legislation, rules and procedures, including Points Based System and other Immigration categories allowing work in the UK.This session is split into three as follows:
Legislative Framework Continued
|13:15||Lunch and Discussion|
Compliance – UKBA expectations for record keeping
Document checking – Allowable documents and good practice
Document checking practical – How to spot fake documentation
|16:15||Conclusions and Action Planning|
|16:30||Close of course|
International Recruitment Consultant
Ian’s experience in UK immigration stretches over twenty years, with more than ten of those spent on the frontline as an immigration officer, and then chief immigration officer, for the Home Office as well as time spent as part of the forgery team at Gatwick airport. He now works with commercial, not-for-profit, financial and higher education institutions seeking his particular expertise in global recruitment compliance and identity fraud.
Ian can offer expert consultancy on immigration and recruitment strategy, including compliance and maintenance requirements and applications within and outside the points-based system. He provides recruitment training, compliance audit checks and speaks about current UK immigration issues. He can work with senior management and the key recruiters within your organization to safeguard your procedures and help you avoid the cost, and embarrassment, of civil penalties.
As well as being the current secretary and former chairman of the Association of Regulated Immigration Advisors (ARIA), Ian holds the highest level of regulation with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). He is also a member of the Immigration Lawyers Practitioners Association (ILPA) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Generally coffee and light refreshments are available on arrival and at tea and coffee breaks throughout the day. The times of these are made clear in the event programme.
Lunch is served on full day events. We arrange a buffet with a selection of options to accommodate different dietary requirements, but if you have specific needs please feel free add this on the ‘additional information’ section of the online booking for or to email us. Contact us here.
If you have been sent a discount or special offer ‘coupon code’ this can be entered in the shopping cart while booking and your discount will be applied to your purchase.
Don’t worry. You don’t need the ‘ticket’, it’s just produced by the booking software to confirm the order.
If you added delegate details on the booking form when you completed your order or told us by phone or email the names of the attendees, these people will be registered and do not need to bring the ‘ticket’.
Payment can be made by credit card when you book, or you can specify cheque, bank transfer or invoice etc. once you complete the registration form.
An invoice or receipt is automatically sent once booking is completed online.
For cheque and BACS payments, our account details can be downloaded here.
Credit card details can be taken by telephone, please call our account department on +44 (0)20 7231 5100. We do not store any credit card details used for payment.
Online credit card payments are transacted via Paypal – you do not need a Paypal account to use this facility.
You can book online
Simply scroll down the page to the “Tickets” section. Select the number of places you wish to book and then click “Add to Cart”. You will then be taken to the shopping cart where you can confirm your purchase details, enter any discount or special offer coupon codes you may have, and arrange payment.
You can book by telephone
Simply call us on 020 7231 5100.
Changes are sometimes needed due to circumstances beyond our control such as trainers being ill, poor weather and so on. In the very rare circumstances that we need to change the date for an event we will automatically offer you a place on the next available event date. If this is not suitable for you we will refund your booking fee.
We cannot accept liability for travel and accommodation costs and strongly advise you not to book cheap ‘non-refundable / no change’ tickets and to check your insurance covers travel and accommodation in these circumstances.
Yes! Some of our events are actually held at hotels, but not all of them, so we have put together a page to help you find a suitable hotel near all of our main venues.
Please see our full terms and conditions here .
- Cancellations can be made up to one month before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a cancellation charge of £100 + VAT.
- Cancellations at less than one month from the event date are be subject to full payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any date and are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation.
- If you want to change to another course date, or different event, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. Any changes are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.