Entry and Early Talent Forum 2018
17 May @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£449.00 - £499.00
Discover the latest thought leadership and best practice at Symposium's new Entry and Early Talent Forum 2018
The Entry and Early Talent Forum is aimed at in-house HR professionals responsible for the attraction, engagement and development of employees at the start of their careers - as school levers, recent graduates or in initial occupational phases. It will offer best practice insights on how to recruit, retain and manage a robust talent pool and how to ensure employees have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Flexible and agile strategies are required both to achieve the competitive advantage in a jobseeker’s market and to respond to changing expectation and structural reforms in the workplace environment. The speed of change requires upgraded strategies and innovative ways to recruit, retain and develop talent.
This adds a new dynamic to long-standing practices regarding how to attract the next generation, upgrade apprenticeships, and school leavers and graduate programmes, and plan genuine early career opportunities. We will look at ways for early career and talent development professionals to achieve cost optimization and navigate through the scope of programme offerings they provide. We will also look at how to align the talent acquisition and development agenda with the broader organisational strategy to create a solid entry level and early talent pipeline that will last into the future.
Some of the themes to be explored include:
- Is your entry level intake best aimed at school levers, apprenticeship or graduates and how do you attract the right talent?
- What skills are imperative in entry level recruits and what necessary upskilling can be provided by in-house training programmes?
- How to evaluate your applications and new intake to identify and place talent in the right roles
- Overcoming shortages in skills and talent
- Early talent spotting – finding talent outside their role metrics and providing the right development opportunities
- How to create an early talent pipeline that aligns with the skills needed in the future
- Successful early talent Programmes
- Balancing costs – in recruitment, training, attrition, development, under and over promotion
- Further topics to be confirmed
Please note that as this conference is subject to changes to the date, venue, programme and speakers.
Conference Attendee Questions
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT PRESENTATIONS
For environmental reasons, we do not print conference presentations. They become available as a download in your account on this site, shortly before the event.
When your order is completed online, an account it automatically created for you.
Please remember the account login and password you created during the event registration process. You will need this to access the presentations.
The event presentations are added to this account shortly before the seminar and can then be downloaded. We will notify you when they are available.
IF YOU BOOK FOR A COLLEAGUE PLEASE TELL THEM THIS…
In order for people to get the presentations they have to download them from an account on this website.
If you made the booking, you can download them for your colleague as you already have an account – or they can create their own account.
To create an account, the attendee will need to purchase the documentation directly from the site. Don’t worry – we will email them a “Coupon Code” to input which makes the purchase free of charge.
Normally we email all attendees to notify them when the documentation is available online about one week before the event. We include account set up instructions and the Coupon Code with that email.
IF YOU LOSE YOUR PASSWORD OR LOGIN DETAILS
You can find the LOST PASSWORD screen under “MY ACCOUNT” on the top menu of our site or by clicking HERE.
Generally coffee and light refreshments are available on arrival and at tea and coffee breaks throughout the day. The times of these are made clear in the event programme.
Lunch is served on full day events. We arrange a buffet with a selection of options to accommodate different dietary requirements, but if you have specific needs please feel free add this on the ‘additional information’ section of the online booking for or to email us. Contact us here.
If you have been sent a discount or special offer ‘coupon code’ this can be entered in the shopping cart while booking and your discount will be applied to your purchase.
Don’t worry. You don’t need the ‘ticket’, it’s just produced by the booking software to confirm the order.
If you added delegate details on the booking form when you completed your order or told us by phone or email the names of the attendees, these people will be registered and do not need to bring the ‘ticket’.
Sorry, but suppliers may not attend as delegates.
We do allow a strictly limited number of suppliers to exhibit. Further exhibitor information can be found here or by calling our sales team on 020 7231 5100.
Payment can be made by credit card when you book, or you can specify cheque, bank transfer or invoice etc. once you complete the registration form.
An invoice or receipt is automatically sent once booking is completed online.
For cheque and BACS payments, our account details can be downloaded here.
Credit card details can be taken by telephone, please call our account department on +44 (0)20 7231 5100. We do not store any credit card details used for payment.
Online credit card payments are transacted via Paypal – you do not need a Paypal account to use this facility.
You can book online
Simply scroll down the page to the “Tickets” section. Select the number of places you wish to book and then click “Add to Cart”. You will then be taken to the shopping cart where you can confirm your purchase details, enter any discount or special offer coupon codes you may have, and arrange payment.
You can book by telephone
Simply call us on 020 7231 5100.
Changes are sometimes needed due to circumstances beyond our control such as trainers being ill, poor weather and so on. In the very rare circumstances that we need to change the date for an event we will automatically offer you a place on the next available event date. If this is not suitable for you we will refund your booking fee.
We cannot accept liability for travel and accommodation costs and strongly advise you not to book cheap ‘non-refundable / no change’ tickets and to check your insurance covers travel and accommodation in these circumstances.
Yes! Some of our events are actually held at hotels, but not all of them, so we have put together a page to help you find a suitable hotel near all of our main venues.
Please see our full terms and conditions here .
- Cancellations can be made up to one month before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a cancellation charge of £100 + VAT.
- Cancellations at less than one month from the event date are be subject to full payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any date and are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation.
- If you want to change to another course date, or different event, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. Any changes are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.
To be announced soon
If your organisation would be interested in promoting itself through the wide variety of exhibitions, sponsorship and marketing opportunities available at this event, please visit our sponsorship mini-site or contact our sales team at [email protected] or 020 7231 5100.
To be announced soon!
Some of the experts speaking at this event include...
To be announced soon
Book here – secure your tickets today!
- Enter the number of tickets* you need below.
- Complete the delegate detail fields that appear.
- Click 'Add to Cart' and in the new screen add discount coupon codes if you have any.
- Go to the checkout to pay or arrange for an invoice.