Emotional Intelligence: Self-Awareness At Work
27 April @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Do your working relationships always run smooth? Or do you find yourself embroiled in arguments, office politics or unproductive dynamics?
If so, improving your level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence is absolutely vital.
This one day course is designed for HR professionals who want to improve how they, managers and staff interact and engage with others in the workplace. The course will help you:
- Improve your listening skills
- Develop a greater level of self-awareness
- Learn how to handle colleagues and customers with greater confidence, assertiveness and empathy
Who's it for?
- HR professionals responsible for developing managerial and communication skills in their organisations
- Managers or staff who want to improve their emotional intelligence
Four key things you will learn on this course:
Learn specific tools for improving your emotional intelligence and handling challenging situations
Gain increased insight into your triggers, behaviours and responses to others
Understand how to handle conflict and feedback with calm, gratitude and openness
Shift into a higher level of self-awareness and personal responsibility
Trainer: Duncan Lewin
Duncan Lewin is an ex-Deloitte consultant specialised in helping people improve their skills in giving and receiving feedback, managing conflict more productively and handling difficult conversations.
A former ‘feedback-phobic’, Duncan was terrible at handling feedback and criticism. Like many, he had two ways of responding: aggressive and argumentative, or passive and resentful. Neither worked, and both left him stressed.
Eventually the stress got too much and he began a deep, personal journey in finding a new way of relating to feedback and conflicting opinions.
The results have been startling:
- Duncan now actively seeks feedback;
- feels comfortable with conflict;
- and has learnt how to handle even the most difficult conversations with (he hopes!) assertiveness and grace.
He works with a range of clients including BT, Accenture, Exxon Mobil and Canary Wharf Group.