- This event has passed.
Business and HR Process Design
Tuesday, 8 September 2015 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£399.00
Business and HR Process Design
8 September 2015 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, London
Business process design is a skill which is rarely taught to HR professionals. This is a shame as business process design is the fundamental building block of good organisation design. Understanding how effective processes can be created allows HR to facilitate the development of better processes with their business teams, and also enables HR to improve its own processes.
This seminar provides a methodology for business process design and gives participants experience in applying the methodology to one or more of their organisations.
[time-restrict on=”24-03-2015″ off=”17-06-2015″]
Plan ahead to catch the early bird discount of £50!
Book this event up to twelve weeks before hand and save £50.
Hurry! Offer expires 16 June 2015
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand how process design involves a lot more than just process mapping
- Understand the differences in process design, improvement and re-engineering
- Have gained experience in the different stages of process design eg seting objectives, to be / from analysis, process mapping, RACI, competency requirements, measures and targets, links to organisation design
- Director, VP or manager of HR, learning, and organisation development
- HR business partner, or and other HR professional, wanting to contribute more broadly to organisational effectiveness
- HR professional needing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes
- Business leader, with responsibility for the effectiveness of your own organisation
Here is just some of the feedback left by previous attendees:
- “Very stimulating course – lots to take away and investigate further.” Manager of Organisation Effectiveness, John Lewis Partnership
- “Brilliant experience, great facilitator.” Head of Workforce Development, Barnardo’s
- “Course was well delivered and I will be able to apply the content in my workplace.” Reward and Benefits Manager, Squire Sanders UK LLP
- “Brilliant content, great delivery, great forum for discussion and thought provocation.” HR Programme Manager, Diageo
- “Good value for money. Jon provided some useful insights and encouraged delegates to contribute and participate.” Director, PRA
- “Found the course very useful with many key points to take away.” Service centre manager, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
|9.30||Registration and Coffee|
|10:00||Welcome, Introductions and Objectives for the day|
Processes as the Basis for Organisation Design
Process Design Methodology
|13:00||Lunch and Discussion|
Practice in Process Design
Newer Trends in Business Process Design
|15:45||Conclusions and Action Planning|
HR Strategy Consultant
Jon is a leading specialist in strategic people management and organizational development issues. He regularly speaks and provides training in Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia and has also lectured on strategic management, change management and human resources on executive MBA courses across Europe.
He is the author of Strategic HCM: Creating value through people (2006) and is currently completing a second book called Social advantage. He also posts regularly to blogs with these same titles and has recently been recognized as the top global online influencer in talent management.
Before working with Symposium, Jon served as Director of Human Capital Consulting, Europe for Buck Consultants / ACS, as Head of HR Consulting for Penna and as International HR Director for Ernst & Young after working as an IT and change management consultant for Andersen Consulting. Jon delivers a number of Symposium training workshops on HR issues such as business partnering, workforce planning, business and HR process design, organizational design and development and HR innovation.
Jon has a BA in Psychology, a Masters in Engineering and an MBA. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Generally coffee and light refreshments are available on arrival and at tea and coffee breaks throughout the day. The times of these are made clear in the event programme.
Lunch is served on full day events. We arrange a buffet with a selection of options to accommodate different dietary requirements, but if you have specific needs please feel free add this on the ‘additional information’ section of the online booking for or to email us. Contact us here.
If you have been sent a discount or special offer ‘coupon code’ this can be entered in the shopping cart while booking and your discount will be applied to your purchase.
Don’t worry. You don’t need the ‘ticket’, it’s just produced by the booking software to confirm the order.
If you added delegate details on the booking form when you completed your order or told us by phone or email the names of the attendees, these people will be registered and do not need to bring the ‘ticket’.
Payment can be made by credit card when you book, or you can specify cheque, bank transfer or invoice etc. once you complete the registration form.
An invoice or receipt is automatically sent once booking is completed online.
For cheque and BACS payments, our account details can be downloaded here.
Credit card details can be taken by telephone, please call our account department on +44 (0)20 7231 5100. We do not store any credit card details used for payment.
Online credit card payments are transacted via Paypal – you do not need a Paypal account to use this facility.
You can book online
Simply scroll down the page to the “Tickets” section. Select the number of places you wish to book and then click “Add to Cart”. You will then be taken to the shopping cart where you can confirm your purchase details, enter any discount or special offer coupon codes you may have, and arrange payment.
You can book by telephone
Simply call us on 020 7231 5100.
Changes are sometimes needed due to circumstances beyond our control such as trainers being ill, poor weather and so on. In the very rare circumstances that we need to change the date for an event we will automatically offer you a place on the next available event date. If this is not suitable for you we will refund your booking fee.
We cannot accept liability for travel and accommodation costs and strongly advise you not to book cheap ‘non-refundable / no change’ tickets and to check your insurance covers travel and accommodation in these circumstances.
Yes! Some of our events are actually held at hotels, but not all of them, so we have put together a page to help you find a suitable hotel near all of our main venues.
Please see our full terms and conditions here .
- Cancellations can be made up to one month before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a cancellation charge of £100 + VAT.
- Cancellations at less than one month from the event date are be subject to full payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any date and are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.
- Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation.
- If you want to change to another course date, or different event, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. Any changes are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee.