<p>The Stress Management Society insist that the time for organisations to start paying serious attention to the metal health of their employees is upon us...</p>
The Stress Management Society, regular contributors to Symposium’s HR blogs section, insist that the time for organisations to start paying serious attention to the metal health of their employees is long since upon us…
With one in four of us suffering from a mental health problem, it’s time we took action to address this.
According to a survey published by Think-Tank, in 2014 mental health issues cost Britain £70 billion. With such significant costs associated with failing to address mental health challenges and poor wellbeing, many organisations have already taken positive steps towards the creation of a culture of wellbeing.
We are fortunate to work with a broad variety of organisations from a broad spectrum of industry sectors – here’s a recent case study, published in City AM from one of our clients demonstrating their wellbeing success http://www.cityam.com/215433/wellbeing-success-workplace.
With this in mind, every company should have an official policy on mental health, wellbeing or stress.
It’s important to take note that poor mental health directly affects the bottom line by negatively impacting people’s performance in the workplace. It leads to a decrease in engagement, productivity and efficiency. Staff retention also suffers, alongside motivation and organisational reputation.
Do you have a mental health, wellbeing or stress policy? If so, how is this implemented on all levels of your organisation?
If you do have one, what steps have you taken to ensure they have been effectively communicated to your workforce? Are your managers on board and willing to be the champions and ambassadors of the new policy? Do they have the skills and confidence to implement it?
If not, please get in touch and allow us to share with you some of the best practice strategies we have observed with the thousands of organisations we have supported with creating a culture of wellbeing over the last 12 years.
To find out more about Symposium’s Mental Health Awareness training workshop, click here.
- Taking control of absence - 17 June 2015
- Are you aware of the importance of good mental health within your organisation? - 16 June 2015
- More productivity is a good thing, right? - 19 May 2015
- Election 2015 – The future of British workplaces - 8 April 2015
- Healthy workplaces manage stress - 20 November 2014
- Did you know that absenteeism is very costly for businesses? - 3 October 2014
- Do you have a healthy work-life balance? - 22 September 2014
- How does stress affect your sleep? - 8 September 2014
- How do healthy workplaces manage stress? - 22 August 2014