By booking an event with Black and White Trading Ltd (trading as 'Symposium') you accept our Standard Booking Terms and Conditions on tab 1 below.
Webinars and eLearning materials are offered subject to the Terms set out in tab 3.
All conference fees are payable by the invoice due date or in advance of the event date, whichever is sooner. We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment is not received before the event. Fees may be paid by credit card, cheque or transfer to accompany your booking form or online, or upon of receipt of an invoice. We do not store any credit card details used for payment but you can opt to have information saved by our card processor for future use.
- Confirmation of Booking
We do not accept provisional bookings and you cannot ‘reserve a place’ without incurring liability for the full payment or the cancellation charges specified in Section 3 (below). If you wish to ensure a place is available for you, you must make a confirmed booking as we cannot hold places open and it is in the nature of some venues that we have to cap attendance figures for some events.
- Cancellations, Changes and Substitutions by Delegates
Cancellations can be made up to one month before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a cancellation charge of £100 + VAT. Cancellations at less than one month from the event date are be subject to full payment. Substitutions may be made at any date and are subject to a £100 + VAT administration fee. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. If you want to change to another course date, or different event, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. Changes to dates and courses are subject to a £100+VAT administration fee.
- Cancellations & Rescheduling by Symposium
It is very rare for Symposium to cancel an event, but if, due to circumstances beyond our control (Acts of God, terrorism etc), this is necessary, a full refund will be offered. If the event is rescheduled for a new date customers will be advised of the date as soon as possible. If the rescheduled date is more than 30 days from the notice by Symposium, we request that customers notify us if they cannot attend no later than ten days before the revised date. Should the revised date be less than 30 days from the date of notice, we require a minimum of two days notice if the customer cannot attend. Failure to notify us will result in full payment being due. We cannot accept liability for travel and accommodation costs and strongly advise you not to book cheap 'non-refundable / no change' tickets and to check your insurance covers travel and accommodation in these circumstances. Symposium's liability is strictly limited to refund of the delegate fee.
- Special Offers and Discounts
Where discounts and special offers apply these are not cumulative and only one offer can be applied to a booking. The price current at the time of booking is the price you will be charged and we cannot amend, replace or substitute your booking to take account of any subsequent special offers, discounts or reductions that may be made as part of the event marketing. Early bird discounts are only available until the advertised date. All discounts lapse if invoices are not paid within 30 days of issue date, at which point the full registration fee will be payable.
- Programme & Venue Changes
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of the organisers, to alter the content and timing or location of an event. Where this happens, we will endeavor to advise you of this in reasonable time. Such changes are an inevitable part of event organisation and do not constitute grounds for cancellation of a delegate booking. Notifications may be made via our website, email, telephone or letter but we cannot guarantee receipt. If you are unsure about any aspect of the event, please call us for an update.
- Use of Contact Data
We may use contact data supplied when you book to contact you about other Symposium Events or allow carefully selected third party companies to let you know how you can benefit from similar offers. If you do not wish this to happen please send us your amended details using the form on our website at www.symposium-events.co.uk.
- Accommodation and Other Venue Charges
Unless otherwise stated booking fees only cover attendance at each event and refreshments provided by the organiser. Accommodation, travel, telephones and other incidental charges are the responsibility of the delegate. Should Symposium be charged for any unauthorised costs incurred by delegates, these will be passed on to the delegate with the addition of an administration fee of £50 or 10%, whichever is greater.
- Conference Documentation
The delegate fee entitles you to one copy of the documentation. This is normally provided in PDF format ahead of the event. Additional papers may also be handed to you on arrival at the event. Extra copies may be purchased for a small charge.
- Loss of Theft of Property
Symposium accepts no liability for the loss or theft of any property belonging to delegates.
You are advised to take out appropriate travel insurance, as we will not accept any liability for travelling,
accommodation or other expenses incurred as a consequence of a possible event cancellation or postponement.We will not accept liability for any loss, including incidental or consequential damages etc.
Terms and Conditions of use
(each of which is “our site”)
These terms apply whether you use our site as a guest or a registered user. Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales and have our registered office at Unit F, 44-48 Shepherdess Walk, London, N1 7JP.
Changes to these terms
Accessing our sites
Unless otherwise stated for particular site, or any content and/or functionality on a site, our sites are made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content or functionality on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Third party resources and links in our site
Our site may contain links and other content which is published for and on behalf of, or is otherwise sponsored by, third parties. Such content is provided for information only and does not represent our views or opinions or an endorsement of any particular brand, product or service.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We may also provide information about third party products and services, as well as the opportunity to purchase such products and services. In the event that you choose to do so, you will be taken to the relevant third party’s website in order to complete your purchase. The third party provider will have its own terms & conditions which you should read prior to using their site, or purchasing any products or services.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact the Symposium and please state the website it is in reference to.
User data removal
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data by contacting us at using the form here and please state the website it is in reference to.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To contact us, please email using for form here and please state the website it is in reference to.
Thank you for visiting our site.
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Contact us via the contact page on this site and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Black and White Trading Limited (owners of Symposium) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Black and White Trading Ltd.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and/or other plugins, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or
- your photograph
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our group companies operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways (the following lists are not exhaustive):
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e the account registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. This includes (but is not limited to) the following suppliers:
- Communigator, a supplier which provides us with a cloud-based email system to enable us to provide you with customised newsletters and updates.
- Third parties on whose behalf we have conducted surveys, competitions, promotions, events and other activities which you have chosen to take part in.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Third parties who purchase lists and data from us. We occasionally lease data to carefully selected partners we believe offer services and products relevant to contacts on our database.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, websites and email system. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or omitting to check) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here and please state the site it is in reference to.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
The cookies we use on our site include:
- Google Analytics
We use this this service to improve your experience across the sites
- The service:
- This service runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
- The data Google Analytics stores about you:
- Non-identifiable data such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our site, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Thank you for visiting our site.