The 21<sup>st</sup> century desk is supposed to be the optimum workstation. With our turbo-powered computers, wireless mice and headphones, it seems we have it all. Yet so many of us seem to struggle to get through our daily workloads. So how can you improve your desk environment to boost your output?
The 21st century desk is supposed to be the optimum workstation. With our turbo-powered computers, wireless mice and headphones, it seems we have it all. Yet so many of us seem to struggle to get through our daily workloads. So how can you improve your desk environment to boost your output?
With just a little bit of effort, it’s possible to tweak your desk into the production centre it promises to be. Keeping plants in the office has been shown to improve productivity by 15%. They lower stress levels and help you focus!
A more high-tech method of upping your game is using a gaming keyboard. It comes pre-marked with colourful, visual references to help you remember shortcuts. This is perfect for speeding up repetitive processes that clog up your everyday routine. Try using AutoHotkey to streamline the process for even faster keyboard commands.
We’ve gathered a dozen of these top productivity tips into our new infographic — it’s filled with simple ways you can adjust your work environment to get better work done each and every day.
You spend much of every week sitting at your desk, so it’s worth taking a little bit of time to adjust it to your needs! Try some of these ideas and watch your productivity positively soar.
- Are sleep and technology the keys to unlocking the UK’s productivity? - 13 December 2017
- Symposium rounds off 2017 with the 4th annual Apprentices and School Leavers conference - 13 December 2017
- How a social conscience can attract and retain top talent - 5 December 2017
- Speakers announced for the 11th annual Graduate Recruitment and Development Forum 2018 - 5 December 2017
- New conferences for 2018 – start planning your calendar early - 29 November 2017
- Top GDPR issues for HR - 28 November 2017
- Symposium’s Workplace Wellbeing and Stress Forum returns for a successful 12th year! - 28 November 2017
- Free Special Edition and conference preview at HRreview - 15 November 2017
- Speakers announced for the 4th annual Apprentices and School Leavers Conference - 15 November 2017
- Innovation in Recruitment 2017 – speakers announced - 18 August 2017